History of the Kane Building:
Built in 1914, cream-colored four-story brick building features a large, bracketed terra cotta cornice and a terra cotta parapet. It was designed by Pocatello architect Charles B. Onderdonk. The Kane Building was named after its original owner, James F. Kane, who came to Pocatello in 1890 and established the largest grocery store in the city. The building was the first in Pocatello to have a passenger elevator.